Being the Mom is a full time job, no matter what the circumstances. And being the Mom of a special needs child (or 2 or 3 or more) is even beyond that...I know, I am both! I have been doing both, and more, for 16 years now and I am glad to say I have learned much!
One of the most important things I have learned is that taking care of me is as important as taking care of everyone else...actually it may be more important. I learned that if I didn't take care of me, I really didn't have the capacity to take care of anyone very well. In order to be an Intentional Parent, you really need clarity and energy.
I learned that to get that clarity and energy, to be really successful at being a GREAT Mom to everyone in my home, I needed to:
EMBRACE MY LIFE and NOT JUST SURVIVE IT!
Here are some thoughts to consider as you try to Embrace Your Life-
1. Secure attachment and healing can only happen at the speed at which it can happen...you can't make it go any faster!
2. Finding good in each day is KEY!
3. Choose to be fully engaged in today and stop looking way ahead.
4. When you finally choose to do something just for yourself...name it that! Say it over and over. This is for me!
5. That something you do for yourself doesn't have to be huge to matter, but mark it for how important it is!
6. Communicate bravely to those around you.
7. You won't feel more in control if you try to micro-manage a person or situation.
8. Create a Mantra to live by and in the most difficult moments cling to it!
9. Seek balance. Give yourself permission to be fully in the now and get to the later, later! It will be there waiting for you.
10. Take a long deep breath before you speak. Then decide what, if anything, needs to be said.
Just surviving our life leaves us feeling helpless and hopeless. It causes wrinkles, jumpiness, decreased energy, gray hair and more.
Choosing to Embrace our life - one moment at a time - helps to empower us, to help us feel strong and in control of our destiny. It causes smiles, the ability to read the situation and be intentional about our choices, confidence, tons of energy, peacefulness within our selves and SO MUCH MORE!
I am calling all you Moms and Dads out there...If I can do this so can you! Fight for it you deserve the best!
I want you to come on over to my Facebook page and tell me what you think. Add to my list...how do you take care of you? How do you Embrace YOUR life? I want to know jump on over to Facebook and give me what you've got!
Take care and remember...you are NOT alone!