There is ALWAYS more you can do!
The attitude of "I QUIT" only makes things worse - your child feels it, gets scared, and acts out more!
You have the power to do this. When things get tough, it is about having and "I CAN" attitude instead!
It may take you 24 to 48 hours to come up with your new plan, but it isn't an I quit - it's an I CAN!
In order to stay away from the I Quits...
1. Get your rest
2. Take a deep look and make sure your stuff is NOT in the equation. Ask someone who knows you well to help.
3. Don't label your child's behavior without considering the impacts that trauma has made on him.
4. Stay away from setting a timeline for where healing should be by now. Our children are individuals.
5. Remind yourself of his emotional age and parent there.
6. Reframe your state of mind..."I made a commitment and I am going to stick with it always; I just need to re-group."
The power you have to calm things in your house is HUGE.
The power you have to help heal is UNDENIABLE.
The power you have to get up and keep going is REAL!
YOU are your child's hope. When you still have hope for him, HE can have hope for himself! It is a GAME CHANGER!