Wow, I am 51 years old today! It has been a crazy journey, that is for sure. I am blessed to feel loved by many and to love many.
In spending 51 years on this planet being a daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece, cousin, friend, mother, grandmother, neighbor, colleague, nurse, teacher, author, student, coach, mentor and watcher of people, there are some things I know for sure! Here are my top ten (in no particular order):
1. Most of the time things are not as they appear on the outside.
2. Everybody has a story and as human beings we should honor that fact, even if we don't know it!
3. It doesn't help to judge or offer unsolicited advice if you have not walked the journey...just love.
4. There is no such thing as perfect and that is absolutely okay!
5. That saying, "Never judge a book by it's cover", is correct. To really know someone, you have to take the time to read all of the pages!
6. All of our relationships would be stronger and last longer if we met each other right where we are each at!
7. Intentionally choosing to find the good in the world every day is literally life-giving!
8. Being a mother is the most powerful position in the world.
9. We must fight to remember that we were all created with a special purpose in mind...and we should not hold back on living that purpose out loud in the world!
10. Life is short - so even in the most challenging times, we should live each moment to the fullest, find the good and never give up being hopeful!
This last year has been a great one. I really mean it. It has actually included some of the biggest highs and lows that I have encountered so far, but I would still label it great! I am a better me in spite of it all.
I look forward to this next year and all it holds. It is my intention to keep growing and learning, to keep sharing my gifts to my fullest ability, to keep bettering myself, and to keep loving as deeply as possible. It's going to be a great year!
Finally, I want to say thank you to YOU for being a part of my life. You each enhance my days and inspire me to keep on keepin' on! Love to you all.